Pride begins within
The wind energy market was relatively new, required large capital investment and operators were under pressure to perform, without taking risks.
Mobil was the early global market leader in lubricants, with a strong OEM strategy Castrol customers had already experienced a few problems with an earlier product.
Our brief was to: Launch Castrol’s improved Wind Turbine Gear Oil and take global market leadership within four years.
Forst of all rebuild momentum inside Castrol, to create a heightened sense of confidence in the brand:
- Kick off with internal comms instead of customer advertising
- Host an inspirational conference
- Design & deliver a digital training academy that helped galvanise & energise employees globally
Then launch externally:
- Work with a 3rd party testing facility to
- benchmark the Castrol product against the market leader
- Build external messaging around this market
- changing evidence of Castrol’s overall technical superiority
- Deliver a suite of sales literature (including film & an iPad app)
- Drive market awareness via PR, trade advertising, events & lead generation
Internal surveys demonstrated significantly increased levels of staff pride & motivation.
Making the technical excellence of their products the feature of our campaigns led to their best ever financial performance.
We helped Castrol Industrial’s Wind team achieve their objective of being the global market leader, two years ahead of plan.
Bray Leino’s approach is sensational. Their insight and integrated creative solution fuelled a positive change for us – increasing both staff motivation and results across the board.
Stuart Newland, Castrol Industrial Offer Development Manager.