Test Manager (18 Month Maternity Cover)
Salary Competitive + benefits
Company Bray Leino
What will I be doing….
This unique opportunity involves working in an energetic creative environment with a broad remit across two different areas of testing. The first is working to a waterfall process with our Digital department testing client websites, mobile apps and innovative digital experiences, the second is a more agile approached remit in testing our internal web based systems. You’ll be spearheading our testing function with a large degree of autonomy, so we’re looking for a strong team player with a highly collaborative, self-motivated and problem solving attitude.
You’ll have sound commercial experience within software testing and ideally hold an accreditation within software testing.
- Manual testing of websites, apps and other creative digital tools on multiple browsers and devices.
- Manual testing of software systems.
- Defining test strategies and test plans based on project requirements.
- Collaborating with project managers and the development team to identify the testing requirement.
- Plan, create and execute manual software test cases.
- Reporting software defects using Visual Studio Team Services and work with development teams to resolve them.
- Communicating test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders.
What will I need….
- Proven experience of testing line of business user systems and interfaces.
- Experience of working on projects delivered using both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience of testing web sites, applications and services.
- Excellent visual awareness, problem solving skills, an eye for detail and natural curiosity.
- Passionate about digital, technology and being part of a like-minded development community.
- An analytical and systematic approach to testing.
- Confident and solution focused communication skills.
- A flexible and exploratory testing style when required.
- Must be able to work autonomously
Desirable but not essential:
- ISTQB/ISEB Certification
- Experience in using Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with a test automation tool, ideally Selenium.
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
About the Filleigh, Devon office
- A picturesque country house office set in a stunning six-acre estate
- Amazing spaces – have your lunch in The Roost or relax on the sun terrace
- Easy access to Barnstaple, the beautiful natural scenery of Exmoor National Park and some of the best beaches in the UK
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up