Salary Circa £28,000 depending on experience + benefits
Company Bray Leino Events
A little about us…
At Bray Leino Events (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk) we create world-class Live Events and Exhibitions. We’ve been doing it for over 30 years.
Many agencies claim to do both, but only really do one and dabble in the other. Bray Leino Events started out as two separate entities, building a strong heritage in each discipline, before coming together to offer a complete and integrated solution to our clients.
We are international and growing – with over 350 employees in 8 locations across the UK, Singapore, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Chicago.
We have the best people, in-house, who work with our clients as an extension of their team to exceed expectations every time.
What will I be doing?
A full-time role in the Live Events Division supporting the Operations Director. As our Live Events division grows, this role will promote exemplary execution of processes and reporting and work closely with delivery teams in delivering best practice in these areas.
This newly created position would suit someone who enjoys the atmosphere of a lively agency and understands the importance of the operations function in supporting live events delivery, while ensuring the events delivery teams have the resources they need to deliver exceptional events. It would suit an events professional looking to focus on the operational side of the business or an office manager looking to widen their focus in events.
- Supporting the Operations Director in the smooth running of the department.
- Collating data and reporting internally and externally on KPIs as outlined in Performance Management Frameworks.
- Supplier negotiations - working with suppliers across the business and identify cost and process efficiencies.
- Implementing operational processes, working closely with internal teams to ensure consistency of approach to all processes and documentation used in event delivery.
- Attending and minuting weekly peer-to-peer meetings
- Occasional onsite support at events in the UK and overseas.
- Updating and maintaining templates and process documents, and auditing compliance within the department.
- Supporting resource planning and workflow – identifying the peaks and troughs.
- Analysing profitability of projects
- Arranging training sessions and workshops for the department, e.g. first aid, best practice, etc.
- Contributing to operational meetings and updates to the wider team
The person – we are looking for someone who:
- Understands the live events environment and lifecycle.
- Understands live events delivery tools – including, but not limited to: registration websites, Critical Time Paths, Run sheets etc.
- Can work to deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Works well with others in extracting information and data required.
- Is a strong communicator, who uses initiative and thinks on their feet.
- Is a confident user of MS Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Has previous experience in an agency / busy office environment.
- Understands what Performance Management Framework and KPIs are and how they are measured/reported against.
- Can manipulate data and compile reports in a timely manner.
- Knows what a great event looks like.
- Has entrepreneurial drive and enthusiasm.
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bar-Leino open on Fridays stocked with free beer and cider
About the Bristol office
- Minutes from the city centre and Clifton Village
- Outstanding lunch and after work food and drink options on the doorstep
- Onsite bar – The Pitcher – with ping pong, darts, foosball and Free Booze Fridays
- People who visit Bristol often end up living here - it just happens
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up