Freelance Media Planner / Buyer (B2B)
Initial 3-month fixed term contract or freelance day rate
A little more about the Digital Media Team…
Bray Leino Media are a highly experienced team of media professionals; media & commutations planners, strategists and channel specialists responsible for media trading. We cover all channels on and off line; digital, digital media, programmatic, paid search and SEO. out of home, radio, cinema and TV as well as creative media solutions and partnerships. We work with clients as part of a ‘full service’ in conjunction with the Bray Leino creative offering, as well as media only business, working with clients direct.
What will I be doing?
- Assist in the delivery of media campaigns for Bray Leino’s B2B media clients. Day to day campaign management and relationship building with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of client business, products, markets, audiences and objectives.
- Be able to understand, interrogate and assimilate media briefs.
- Build and implement media plans as appropriate.
- Work with specialist teams, partner agencies and directly with media owners across all channels to plan and buy media activity for your clients, both in the UK and internationally.
- Learn to assess the value of different media opportunities in the context of the client’s business and ensure client receives most competitive media rates available through negotiation with media owners
- Research innovative media opportunities to be presented to clients as part of scheduled and ad hoc planning processes.
- Pull together media reports and documents (e.g. competitive, post campaign analysis) and interpret data to provide useful insights.
- Develop knowledge of current media communications thinking and apply to all planning requirements undertaken.
- Attend media owner meetings to grow detailed knowledge of channels and to maintain and develop relationships
- Experience in delivering marketing activity either within an agency or client-side business
- Confident & positive attitude with a desire and appetite to develop.
- A fast learner and adaptable with the ability to assimilate information quickly.
- Well organised, able to manage self and work to deadlines and pro-actively.
- Possess a basic understanding of all media channels.
- Ability to negotiate and buy media cost effectively.
- Should possess a strong drive to be proactive and strives to deliver the highest quality of work in the most efficient way possible.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Some experience in presenting with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bar-Leino open on Fridays stocked with free beer and cider
About the Bristol office
- Minutes from the city centre and Clifton Village
- Outstanding lunch and after work food and drink options on the doorstep
- Onsite bar – The Pitcher – with ping pong, darts, foosball and Free Booze Fridays
- People who visit Bristol often end up living here - it just happens
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up