Salary Dependent on experience + benefits
Company Bray Leino Events
A little about us…
International marketing group, Bray Leino has a dedicated events division (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk), Bray Leino Events started out as two separate entities – Live Events and Exhibitions, building a strong heritage in each discipline, before coming together to offer a complete and integrated solution to our clients.
We are international and growing – with over 350 employees in 8 locations across the UK, Singapore, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Chicago. Recently awarded one of the “top 20 Best Places to Work” by C&IT Magazine.
We have the best people, in-house, who work with our clients as an extension of their team to exceed expectations every time. Working collaboratively to create impactful experiences to help clients tell their brand stories.
What will I be doing?
You will play an important role in the management and delivery of a range of events throughout the year, in the public and private sector. As part of a friendly and hard-working team, you will thrive in an exciting environment, where no two days are the same.
You’ll work as an integral part of the events team on pre, onsite and post event management, including:
- Supporting the Senior Event Manager and Event Director in all aspects of event delivery and new business acquisition
- Demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business
- Assisting in developing tender documents and participate in pitches
- Creating and managing budgets, providing updates to the Event Director when required
- Client communications – participate in and contribute to conference calls and meetings. Proactively manage the client relationship
- 3rd party management and negotiation – accommodation, venues, suppliers
- Overseeing management of marketing campaigns – including: social media campaigns, e-flyers, email and ‘phone enquiries
- Delegate and sponsorship recruitment – proactive emailing and telephone calls to recruit delegates and sponsors to events – if required. Otherwise oversee Senior Event Executive(s) and Event Executive(s) activity
- Developing project timeline with Senior Event Manager/Event Director and track activity to ensure milestones are met
- Meetings – attend and actively contribute at internal and external meetings
- Overseeing Registrations & RSVPs – ensuring best practice at all times
- On-site event delivery – UK and overseas. Sometimes working weekends and evening as required.
- Post event evaluation – analysing data and collating reports
What will I need?
The events world is unique – you need to be able to keep your head when things get busy. If you are someone who:
- Has previous experience of working in an event manager role
- Is very organised and not easily phased by challenges
- Remains calm under pressure, can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Is an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Has great writing and administrative skills, with competency in using Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Is flexible and wants to travel within the UK and abroad for a few days at a time
- Has leadership potential
- Will proactively contribute to brainstorm sessions and during meetings, and is comfortable leading discussions
- Is passionate about events
- Can respond to an event brief confidently
- Can conduct venue recces and provide a report on suitability for an event
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bar-Leino open on Fridays stocked with free beer and cider
About the Bristol office
- Minutes from the city centre and Clifton Village
- Outstanding lunch and after work food and drink options on the doorstep
- Onsite bar – The Pitcher – with ping pong, darts, foosball and Free Booze Fridays
- People who visit Bristol often end up living here - it just happens
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up