Salary Up to £37,000 depending on experience + benefits
Company Bray Leino Events
A little about us…
International marketing group, Bray Leino has a dedicated events division (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk), comprising over 100 dedicated events specialists. Our award-winning creative and event management teams deliver experiences with the power to engage, stimulate and convey compelling messages. We provide comprehensive end-to-end event management services for multiple public-sector departments and private sector organisations.
We are international and growing – with over 350 employees in 8 locations across the UK, Singapore, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Chicago. Recently awarded one of the “top 20 Best Places to Work” by C&IT Magazine.
We’ve successfully won more prestigious long term, multi-million pound contracts, including large scale, international events! As a result, we are looking for an Event Manager to join our Live Events team and play an integral part in assisting with and supporting every aspect of event delivery. You will play a vital role in the delivery of key event programmes working with senior representatives from across government, industry and academia.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of a range of events throughout the year, in the public and private sector. As part of a friendly and hard-working team, you will thrive in an exciting environment, where no two days are the same.
Working closely with an events team on pre, onsite and post event management, responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Event Director in management of a project team on the planning and delivery of events and projects – from conception to completion.
- Demonstrating creative thinking as a Subject Matter Expert in responding to event briefs
- Creating and managing budgets, typically £10k-£150k providing regular updates, ensuring accuracy and timely reconciliation
- Stakeholder and 3rd party relationships – build relationships with stakeholders (e.g. sponsors) and other 3rd party organisations
- Contracting negotiation for elements relating to your event(s)
- Conducting risk assessment and analysis of events
- Mitigating any identified risks, including workload pressure points, and planning resource,accordingly, working with the Operations Director.
- Overseeing management of 3rd parties and marketing campaigns
- Developing project timeline with Event Director and maintain this on an ongoing basis
- Conducting site visits and confidently make recommendations
- Create management plans and technical run sheets for use on-site, including resource planning
- Working effectively with production companies in understanding requirements
- Post event evaluation – analysing data and collating reports in a timely manner
- Be aware of the KPIs in place with clients, and work to ensure all thresholds are met.
What will I need?
If you are someone who:
- Has previous events and agency experience
- Has managed budgets and reconciliation
- Has experience of running multiple events of all sizes at the same time and has good venue and technical knowledge
- Has solo onsite experience
- Is really well organised and rises to the challenge
- Remains calm under pressure, can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintains excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Is flexible and wants to travel within the UK and abroad for a few days at a time
- Will lead discussions and conference calls
- Can confidently respond to an event brief
- Has experience of working with a range of clients
- Is passionate about the events industry and is always up to date with the latest progressions
- Uses their initiative and can think on their feet to provide effective solutions
Then we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV & cover letter/email detailing why you'd be a great fit.
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bar-Leino open on Fridays stocked with free beer and cider
About the Bristol office
- Minutes from the city centre and Clifton Village
- Outstanding lunch and after work food and drink options on the doorstep
- Onsite bar – The Pitcher – with ping pong, darts, foosball and Free Booze Fridays
- People who visit Bristol often end up living here - it just happens
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up