Salary £Competitive + benefits
Company Bray Leino Events
A little about us…
International marketing group, Bray Leino has a dedicated events division (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk), comprising over 60 dedicated events specialists. Our award-winning creative and event management teams deliver experiences with the power to engage, stimulate and convey compelling messages. We provide comprehensive end-to-end event management services for multiple public-sector departments and private sector organisations.
We are looking for an Event Director to join our Live Events team and play an integral part in assisting with and supporting every aspect of event delivery. You will play an integral part in the delivery of key event programmes working with senior representatives from across government, industry and academia.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Operations Director of Bray Leino Events, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of a range of events throughout the year, in the public and private sector.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients at a strategic level to develop event formats, campaign messages, KPIs and objectives
- Leading and managing project teams on the planning delivery of events and projects – from conception to completion
- Leading on writing new business tenders and deliver pitches
- Creating and managing budgets, providing updates to the client and reporting to the leadership team for P&L, forecasting etc.
- Contracting negotiation with 3rd parties
- Line management responsibility for Senior Event Manager(s) and wider team – including holiday sign off, mentoring, monthly catch ups, reviews and escalations
- Client relationships – building, maintaining and developing strong relationships and managing expectations with core client contacts and the wider client stakeholders.
- Developing project timeline and ensure milestones are met
- Creating management plans and technical run sheets for use on-site, including resource planning
- On-site event delivery – UK and overseas. Sometimes working weekends and evening as required.
- Post event evaluation – analysing data and collating reports
- Contributing to new business opportunities, pitching and tender submissions
What will I need?
The events world is unique. If you are someone who:
- Thrives on a challenge
- Has a great track record and strong contacts within the industry
- Can manage complex budgets
- Can provide timely management account reporting
- Remains calm under pressure, can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Is an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Has great writing and administrative skills, with competency in using Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Is flexible and wants to travel within the UK and abroad for a few days at a time
- Has great leadership skills, and has previous experience of managing a team
- Will lead discussions and conference calls
- Is passionate about events
- Has Event Director experience (private and/or public sector)
- Uses their initiative and can think on their feet
- Knows what it takes to deliver a great event
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bar-Leino open on Fridays stocked with free beer and cider
About the Bristol office
- Minutes from the city centre and Clifton Village
- Outstanding lunch and after work food and drink options on the doorstep
- Onsite bar – The Pitcher – with ping pong, darts, foosball and Free Booze Fridays
- People who visit Bristol often end up living here - it just happens
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up