Business Development Director
Salary Competitive + commission structure + benefits
Company Bray Leino Events
A little about us…
At Bray Leino Events (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk) we create world-class Live Events and Exhibitions. We’ve been doing it for over 30 years.
Many agencies claim to do both, but only really do one and dabble in the other. Bray Leino Events started out as two separate entities, building a strong heritage in each discipline, before coming together to offer a complete and integrated solution to our clients.
We are international and growing – with over 350 employees in 8 locations across the UK, Singapore, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Chicago
We have the best people, in-house, who work with our clients as an extension of their team to exceed expectations every time.
Every day our in-house team of Content Strategists, Creatives, Events Professionals, Production Managers and Communication Specialists work alongside clients to deliver hundreds of: AGMs, Awards Ceremonies, Brand Activations, Conferences, Gala Dinners, Opening Ceremonies and Trade Missions, to name but a few.
What will I be doing?
A full-time role in the Live Events Division working alongside the Managing Director, Creative Director and Event Directors to strategically grow new partnerships, relationships and business opportunities.
You will be hands-on, happy to deal with end-to-end business development, while also generating new business leads and evolving existing relationships.
This newly created position would suit someone with experience in sales, marketing and business development within an agency environment.
- Develop a clear new business and marketing strategy plan alongside the Managing Director and wider Management Team.
- Play a key role on every part of the new business cycle – from filling the pipeline to leading full scale pitches.
- Be aware of trends and opportunities across target sectors and event types.
- Arrange and attend meetings with prospects, presenting our services and proposition.
- Attend industry and networking events to cultivate prospective clients.
- Work with internal teams across the group to market and promote the agency.
- Manage and develop new business collateral – including credentials, presentations, promotional materials and communications.
- Contribute to ongoing marketing deliverables e.g. website, social media and awards.
What will I need?
- Previous experience in a similar role either as an established Business Development Director or someone who’s a confident Business Development Manager looking to take the step up. Experience in the Events industry would be favourable.
- Strong commercial instinct, sales and marketing skills and a self-starter approach.
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience across all parts of the new business cycle – not just pitching.
- Proven track record in identifying new business opportunities and developing new clients. An established client network would be favourable.
- Experience in being responsible for strategic new business planning.
- Experience working in an agency environment.
- Entrepreneurial drive to build a great agency.
Bray Leino team perks
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Bar-Leino open on Fridays stocked with free beer and cider
About the Bristol office
- Minutes from the city centre and Clifton Village
- Outstanding lunch and after work food and drink options on the doorstep
- Onsite bar – The Pitcher – with ping pong, darts, foosball and Free Booze Fridays
- People who visit Bristol often end up living here - it just happens
How we hire
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up